In many businesses the employee HR records are kept in a hard copy file or a variety of excel spread sheets making it a bit of an effort to access that information easily and quickly. You might not be confident that the details in the file are up to date or that every bit of information has been filed away.
The employee HR record in PeopleManager allows you to see all your employee information in one, easy to access, place. The record is user friendly and contains everything you could want to know about your employee’s personal details and employment and it sorts the data in convenient ways to produce absence information, holiday accruals, pay history and many other useful HR reports.
It integrates with the payroll submission module to ensure that you can produce payroll reports with the most up to date information about your employees without the need to update payroll separately. The payroll submission picks up address changes, bank details changes and changes about pay directly from the system automatically.
So, let’s look at the sections in an employee record to see how useful it is…
- Personal Information – everything about your employee.
- Contract Terms – everything you have agreed about their employment
- Compliance – Right to Work in the UK, Equal Opportunities Monitoring, References, Professional Qualifications, Young Workers, CRB Checks etc.
- Benefits – Records of anything extra the employees are entitled to such as Pension, Private Health, Childcare Vouchers etc.
- Training Records – Records training undertaken by the employee, course information, recurrence of retraining and fees. These can also be set to record the repayment of fees if the employee leaves the business with a timescale and record of the diminishing liability.
- Leave Entitlement – Their holiday accrual and cost, Company Sick pay balance with automatic pro rata calculations for contract and start date.
- Next of Kin – contact details for reference
- Pay – current pay with multiple options such as premiums, automatic overtime and a full history of all changes.
- Bank Details – all the employees bank information
- HR Activities – reminders and records of all HR Activities such as appraisals, training, visa expiry, disciplinary action etc. There are a variety of reports on these too along with a calendar to remind the manager of next steps.
The employee record can also be combined with our Employee Self Service Portal so that you can allow your employees to update a selection of their own key information such as address, next of kin and bank details.