Emergency situations and disasters can happen. We all have to consider this possibility when looking at the resilience of our businesses. Communication is one of the key things you, as an employer, need to consider when thinking about Business Continuity in these situations:
- How will you communicate with your employees if your normal communications systems are compromised?
- How will you get in touch with all your staff quickly?
- How will you contact your staff if a situation develops out of hours?
- How will you ensure that you kept them updated as events change?
- How will you ensure that your management team were kept appraised?
The Emergency Communication Module in PeopleManager answers all of these questions. It allows you to remotely, at any time, contact all your staff, should your own IT systems be compromised, to let them know about any emergency that might affect their attendance at work or travel arrangements.
The PeopleManager HR and Payroll Submission System allows you to capture emergency communication information from your employees either via the employee portal or manually from other records. This information can then be used as part of the Emergency Communication Module to send out automatic text messages or emails to all your staff in bulk.
Designated users from your organisation can access the Emergency Communication system 24 hours a day in order to compose a message to your staff and send it. It provides total flexibility when choosing recipients so you can send to all employees, individual departments or individual employees within your team and you can see if a communication has been successful and send out further messages if required as the situation develops.
The system can be configured to include pre-composed standard messages and also bespoke communication as required ensuring that your Emergency Co-ordinator is able to effectively manage your employee communications as part of your Business Continuity Plan.
The key benefits are:
- Constant accessibility 24 hours a day via the internet – enabling you to react quickly
- Access to up to date contact information for your employees remotely, at any time.
- Management of all communications required within your team. Choosing who to send messages to and what to send.
- No limit on the messages you send enabling you to update your employees as the situation develops.
- Reports showing who was contacted and the success of the communication
All of the above means that your company communication is resilient and you can rest assured that in the event of any emergency situation you can effectively contact your employees and other interested parties to keep them updated.